AMCP is committed to providing quality, evidence-based educational programming in managed care pharmacy.
During AMCP Nexus 2020 Virtual, we will offer numerous continuing pharmacy education (CPE) sessions that provide managed care pharmacists the knowledge and skills they need to acquire, maintain, and enhance their professional competence.
These 75-minute CPE sessions will include content that is relevant, timely, innovative, and interactive. This is especially critical during today’s unique and evolving health care climate. Topics will be focused on five tracks and AMCP will integrate key information about COVID-19 and managed care pharmacy into each track:
- Drugs, Diseases, and the Managed Care Impact — What is in the pipeline that is making us rethink treatment approaches, and how do we pay for them? Discover innovative solutions for clinical and managed care, including formulary changes and evolving strategies for various conditions and treatments.
- Legislative and Regulatory Trends — Federal and state legislation and regulation impacts your work daily. Learn what’s happening in our nation’s and states’ capitals.
- Managed Care Research in Action — Managed care pharmacy is continuously changing. That is why it is important to constantly explore and learn about new research findings. Attend in-depth education sessions and review poster abstracts on the latest managed care pharmacy research and put what you learn into practice.
- Focus on Managed Care Pharmacy — Explore managed care foundational principles — from formulary management to prior authorizations, new benefit designs, and beyond.
- Making the Way for Innovation — Learn how managed care pharmacy professionals are taking the lead and setting the pace to develop new solutions and ensure patients get the medications they need at costs they can afford, including gene therapy and more ground-breaking innovations.