COVID-19 is impacting the entire world. We understand the effect the crisis is having on the managed care pharmacy community, personally and professionally. We appreciate you being an important part of the managed care and AMCP community.
We continue to plan and look forward to AMCP Nexus 2020 from October 20-23 at MGM in Las Vegas. Our team has provided answers to frequently asked questions below. Please check this page regularly as we will continue to update it. We look forward to gathering as a community in person soon.
Why is AMCP moving forward with planning for AMCP Nexus 2020 when there is still so much uncertainty regarding COVID-19?
The COVID-19 pandemic is evolving, and we are taking steps to protect the health, safety, and well-being of the AMCP community at our fall meeting. We are communicating regularly with the MGM Grand Las Vegas and the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Bureau to monitor activity in our host city and will make critical decisions around the meeting with data provided by the CDC and state/local health agencies.
What measures are AMCP taking to promote social distancing and other safeguards during Nexus 2020?
We plan to put in place onsite initiatives that address today’s new reality (this list is preliminary and will be updated frequently):
- Providing increased hand sanitization stations throughout the conference center.
- Sanitizing all high-traffic, high-touch areas multiple times daily, including the AMCP registration and concierge desks, restrooms, escalators/elevators, and restaurants on property.
- Practicing social distancing in education session rooms by indicating clear entrance and exit paths to control traffic flow and placing attendee seating further apart.
- Extending Expo Hall hours on Wednesday to prevent back-ups of attendees entering the Hall for the Opening Reception and Thursday prior to lunch.
- Identifying best practices for safe food and beverage experiences, including receptions.
- Encouraging attendees to make Nexus 2020 a “handshake free” meeting.
What if my company implements or extends a travel ban or I don’t feel comfortable traveling due to COVID-19 after I register for Nexus 2020?
AMCP will not charge a cancellation fee if you are unable to attend the event based on company travel restrictions or CDC recommendations — or concerns about your travel — regardless of the date of cancellation. All requests for registration refunds must be sent in writing to email@example.com. Membership fees and donations to the AMCP Foundation donations are not refundable.
Does AMCP have COVID-19 resources available specifically for managed care pharmacy professionals?
During the COVID-19 crisis, managed care professionals are facing unique challenges to deliver patient care. The COVID 19 Resource Center is designed to aggregate timely information for AMCP members and stakeholders.
Will AMCP provide virtual elements or offer a virtual-only option for Nexus 2020?
At this time, AMCP is not offering an option to attend Nexus 2020 virtually. However, we are working with our partners and vendors to determine whether a virtual experience would be feasible, if necessary.